Once I have fitted one of your kits what do I need to do?
Once you have fitted the LPG kit that we have supplied, the vehicle must then come to us for the kits installation inspection. This typically takes up to 1 hour charged at our normal labour rate.
This inspection consists of the following:
- Checking that no LPG pipes work is to close to the engines exhaust system, any moving parts or sharp edges that may damage the pipe.
- Ensuring that the components under the bonnet are mounted securely and appropriately
- Ensuring that the LPG tank is mounted securely and correctly, for tanks mounted inside of the vehicle this also includes making sure that the tank is properly vented to the outside.
- Leak testing the system. Some LPG is then put in the tank and the system is thoroughly leak checked.
- Setup, we then go through the setup procedure. Depending on the system fitted this does vary, but we will always explain what is happening so that you have an understanding too.